eSmarttax is a newer player in the online tax filing space. They are a branch of Liberty Tax that focus solely on the online filing aspect while Liberty Tax still has the brick and mortar stores. In my experience the software is best for those who have basic returns and are looking for a quick, cost effective way to file their taxes.
What type of taxes can eSmart Tax handle?
If all you need is help with a basic tax return, you can choose from a wide selection of free online products. However, not all tax preparation software products are designed for complex tax issues. For instance, business owners and self-employed taxpayers will typically need more sophisticated tax preparation software that can process additional tax forms and tackle more deductions and credits.
eSmart Tax can handle the following special tax scenarios:
- Business owners and self-employed taxpayers
- Estates, trusts, and retirement accounts
- Tax returns with investment and rental property
- Property taxes
What additional benefits does eSmart Tax offer?
As well as offering federal tax filing and preparation servcies, eSmart Tax also offers the following benefits:
- Audit support
- Automatic error detection
- e-File included
- State tax returns included
- Tax deduction finder
- Free Federal Package is among the best and most comprehensive
- Access to a Network of Physical Liberty Tax Branches
- 100% Accurate – If our math is off and it results in penalties or interest from the IRS, we will reimburse you the amount of those penalties and interest
- No Free State tax filing option
- Software is not very mobile friendly
- Customer service is not as available as other top competitors